Sunday, January 17, 2010

BSA Adventure Base 100

Last weekend, our family went down to San Diego for a special ceremony at the Adventure Base 100. My dad is apart of Woodbadge staff which is a level of training for scouts. My dad helped another to complete his part of training. The ceremony is called "beading." They had some cool scout activities including a C.O.P.E. (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience) course, video, collectors penny, and a booth for funny green screen picture. Enjoy the pictures that I took at our scout-tastic adventure!

Of course, the famous pose.
This time in a scout uniform!
SCOUT POWER!
Scoutmaster Bob

My dad gave a little speech...


The awards begin!


The Bear Patrol gave my dad a
Smokey the Bear sign as a joke because
he likes to throw black powder into the camp fire.
It said, "PLEASE! Help Prevent Forest Fires!"





C.O.P.E Course




He was so excited! Brian was almost too short!



Scout Geek in Training



Audrey




She should'a seen it coming...






A Scout Geek's Wife


2 comments:

Richard said...

What a wonderful family! I love this blog!
I named that picture of frank on the C.O.P.E. course "Fang" for obvious reasons.....LOL
Luv2All

Christene said...

I LOVED these pictures. Boy is that your fam or what? It gave me a great chuckle for the day!